Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 PM

Default 14/3/12 raid report

[URL="http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hx56022ekpyal74w/"]Stop! Log time![/URL]

p.s. as mentioned I'm not sure when I'm available next week as I've just been re-promoted (long story) so have to work late some evenings and don't find out until a few days before cos my managers, well, a manager.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 PM

Looks like wushoolay's final choice is a decent option now after the recent buffs to the rppm trinkets.

According to the logs it had 33.6% uptime with 10 procs. The same as light of the cosmos.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-15-2013, 07:09 AM

Thanks for the logs! My DPS is back up to respectable levels now after the buff and changing to Frost Bomb. I might change to Nether Tempest for more mobility but slightly less deeps, I will think about it.

Monday we are going for Grand Empress Shek'zeer to finish of HoF, please look her up. After that we might go and poke the second boss in ToT for some wiping fun.

Thursday we will kill Jin'rokh in ToT and then start Terrace so look up Protectors and Tsulong.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-15-2013, 07:22 AM

While nether tempest has more mobility there's alot more "adminstration" involved, isn't there? More targets to keep track of and more GCD's spent re-applying it thus losing time casting frost bolt of awesomeness
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 AM

on raid:
    Steelhide, Goffik, Rossfeartu, Gluggie, Ayumis, Bimble, Jecaa, Wyrmy, Dooks, Barkhoof
    leegund in for last 30 minutes for glugs

Slightly late start due to wyrmy sorting new mods out, and leegund having AA trouble - not alcoholics anonymous.

Went to new raid to start - bimble managed to wipe himself on the first trash pull because he 'didn't see the stairs' - however that was our only wipe on the trash - think we know how to avoid the spear-chucking guys whirlwinding, and hope that next time we'll be better able to nuke down the adds that apply a healing debuff to to the tanks.

Jinrokh - first attempt was solid, got to about 15% before we lost control. Gluggie had issues seeing the graphical effects of the defile patches - i know it's not called defile, but thats what it looks like.
    Killed it on our 2nd attempt! Having healy cooldowns to sync up with the lightning storm phases is crucial. Only big problem we had was the tank-throw also stunning people if they stood in the wrong place. Also the tank switching can be nasty and give a bit of spiky raid damage.

After that we went to HoF - i really want us to kill Empress so we can start on Terrace.
    We extended last weeks raid lockout - so were going straight at Unsok.
    Had a few of the issues we had on monday, related to the Construct interrupts, but we slowly got better. In the end we got it on our final attempt of the night!

Overall, 2 new boss kills in 12 night, including 1 from the brand new raid tier -it shows what we can do when we dont have to rely on Akee's healing

I'm away next week for both raid nights, but if signups are strong you shouldnt have any issues. Plan is to tackle Empress on Monday, then back to ToT for first boss on thursday, then either Empress again (if she not already dead) or Terrace

Look up tictacs for Empress, Protectors, and keep an eye on Horridon too!

Loot:
    I got a spirit sword, glug got a belt, and dooks got a cloth thingy.
    Also barks got a thunderforged piece with the extra loot roll - this seemed to confuse and frustrate him, but [URL="http://www.wowpedia.org/Thunderforged"]here's the link[/URL] Barks

Last edited by Akee; 03-15-2013 at 11:23 AM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-15-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zimzal View Post
    While nether tempest has more mobility there's alot more "adminstration" involved, isn't there? More targets to keep track of and more GCD's spent re-applying it thus losing time casting frost bolt of awesomeness
    It mainly comes down to the number of targets.
    The old method was :
    1 target = Nether Tempest
    2-3 targets = Living Bomb (spread by fireblast glyph)
    4+ targets = Frost Bomb

From what I have found out so far, this has all changed now due to the fireblast glyph being nerfed to only spreading to one target, and also Living Bomb not being affected by haste. So Living Bomb is pretty much dead now.

What I have not found out is what is the optimal time to switch from Nether Tempest to Frost Bomb. At a guess I would say 3+ targets, due to NT hitting 2 mobs.

The big downside of Frost Bomb is its cast time and you will be casting this a lot as your haste goes up, due to haste causing its cooldown to lower. So that means you will have less time to cast your main nukes.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-15-2013, 08:51 AM

because barks is 'extra special'

p.s. so many typos, D-
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 03-15-2013, 02:56 PM

But uuuuh item levels and forge and upgraded and tier items and AHHH my brain!
    Just give me a pair of goddamned boots. Christ!