Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-15-2013, 08:38 AM

Default Raid report 14/01/2013

[size="12"]exterminate[/size]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 AM

on raid:
    steelhide, bullshifter, gluggie, thorilin, barkhoof, wyrmy, psyke, jecaa, ayumis, bimble

Went straight to garalon - he smacked us pretty hard for over 2 hours

Made a few mistakes here - i tried to push our dps numbers up before we were fully comfortable with the fight, sorry about that. It's something I'm usually good at avoiding, and i'll try not to do it again!

We're going with 3 healers - 2 of which are on pheremone kiting duty, along with 2 ranged dps.
    1 healer and the other dps on the boss.

Until we start hitting the enrage I think we'll stick with 2 real tanks soaking the swipe - I know plate dps and rogues can do it, but it's easier to learn if we take less damage.
    Sorry tanks - will probably be a bit boring for you

Things i'm not sure about:
    boss positioning - he's a bit more central than i'd like, but not sure how we can move him closer to the edges. Also any closer and the legs start to be inside the pheremone pools.

Raid positioning - specifically the pheremone kiters when they're not kiting - not sure if we should have an assigned spot for them, or if it's go where you like - am worried about healer range issues, but we might get better at this naturally with some more practice.

Am hoping this fight will be a bit easier with a Disc priest - hopefully we'll have dooks on thursday to give it a go!

Plan for thursday is stone dogs, then HoF - cya then
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 AM

Another thing - as Goffik is afk with baby, is there anyone else who would like to start recording World of logs parses for us? It's easier than it sounds, and can be very helpful.
    Tanks preferred as you're much more likely not to be subbed out
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 PM

Hullo,
    Logging is really easy so if anyone wants me to give them a pm on how to set it up, i'll add you as a mod or whatever to our team on the WoL website
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM

I supplied jecaa with about 100 health pots for the crazy tornado boss on thursday btw
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM

A few things I've seen researching this boss.

Use 2 tanks and 2 healers (if 3 healing) for pheromones. Or 2 tanks, 1 heal, one ranged dps if not.

Tanks can kite and stay at max distance so not to swap pheromones and still get the swipe.

Melee only on legs, ranged on body and legs when they come into range, moving is a dps loss. Multi-dotting legs can help melee if they can't keep up.

Keeping ranged and heals in the middle-ish should thought out any range issues.

Lust at start and get inside legs as we were for fast nuke to slow the boss down.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 PM

the boss follows the pheramone trails and the players with the buff/debuff, so their kitting is what controls the location of the boss.

melee that can cleave can hit the body from the front end and they should be able to cleave both front legs and the boss (stuff like DK's with howling blast or disease spreading)

you don't technically need 2 tanks you can do it with one and either a plate DPS using cooldowns for the slash or something like a rogue that can quite often reduce damage.

also as all times even ranged stand in the circle on the leg you are killing as it gives you a damage bonus on that leg (it did use to be everything till people started stacking rogues and DK's)
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 PM

Thanks for trying to help but we know the basics, Akee covered most of the stuff you have said.

"also as all times even ranged stand in the circle on the leg" isn't the best way to maximise DPS for ranged classes - staying still and DPSing the body (and legs for dot classes) is due to the amount of movement involved keeping up with the boss moving - Unless you don't have melee DPS then you would have to so you can kill the legs quick enough.

You will DPS the legs that spawn close to the ranged players but I don't think running round trying to stay in all the circles is worth the loss of casting time.

Last edited by Ayumis; 01-15-2013 at 03:39 PM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 PM

if you are killing the legs efficiently and the kitting is done properly, the boss moves slower and more consistently, meaning there is quite a bit of cast time between the circle on the floor moving over you. also being in the circle is a 100% increase on damage so even if you are only casting half as much you will be doing the same damage, so it more than makes up for the few times you should have to move to keep up.