Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:48 AM

Default Raid Report 08/01/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Darieth
    Healers: Sid and Doom
    Melee: Archaz and Petrach
    Ranged: Zalid, Noheels, Littlesky, Klog and Aph

Not a bad night really.

We went to HoF to tackle the tornado boss (I have given up on names). The fight in all honesty is really straight forward. Phase 1 was straight forward and we soon got the hang of it. The only thing we really failed on was avoiding the tornados during the gauntlet. If we hadn't been so fail at this we would have killed it alot sooner.
    However, towards the end of the night enough DPS managed to survive it to kill it. Loot was a shiny DPS offhand and an agility neck.

Thanks to Darieth, Klog and Pet for helping us out last night.

Thursday will be back to a MSV clear. My plan is to clear MSV and Zor'lok in one night giving us lots of time to practice not dying to tornados and hopefully take a look at the next boss as well.

Good work all. We should all practice avoiding things before next raid!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2013, 11:54 AM

Gratz guys!

Quick question for Aph or klog... I saw someone using the demonic gateway on the gauntlet run and wondered if it really is as useful as it looks?

you could just use it as a backup if people fail and get transported back?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2013, 12:04 PM

The Portal can be help for those who fail and a hinderence as i found out. Was trying to drop Shrooms for heals n boom in tornado on way back.

Best way is to do without and not fail. Priest could lifegrip healer in as bonus so then everyone gets heals quicker
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 PM

Grats on the kill!

My guild uses an easy strategy on the 2nd gauntlet phase when we are burning the boss down to the 10% transition.

There is 'Wind Channels' on the side of the gauntlet which if stepped in give about 200% movement increase to the other end with only minor dmg.

At 11% when the boss is about to fly to the other end we leave just a tank and healer and have all the other raid members use the wind channels and move to the other end of the room and wait for the boss to fly over. So by the time the tanks get there, hes dead

Here is an example from our 1st hc kill, which we left both tanks and just moved the whole raid over and left them to burn, well our sucky dps tankadin at least

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrftRrzhVVY[/url]

Last edited by Nelks; 01-09-2013 at 12:45 PM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 PM

That is exactly what we did Nelks!

The portal was really useful, especially for those of us who were failing at the running. I will definitely use it in future, and if people don't want to use it they don't have to.
    With the running I was one of the few who failed ALOT. The problem I had was I would get right to the end and panic about the tornados spawning under me, whilst I was panicing one would spawn under me and I would be carried away. At the end of the night I seemed to get the hang of it though.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2013, 04:34 PM

Blade Lord Ta'yak is quite a fun fight with a lot of coordination needed. Between needing the range to be spread out for Wind Step and Tornadoes, and then all needing to stack for his Unseen Strike, there is a lot of moving about. Then you have the great tunnel of tornadoes which I found quite easy. The only time I failed was when it bugged out and dropped me at the mid-point. I know that if that happens again to run to the raid so that I get some healing
    Thanks to Epic for filling up our roster and giving us a few pointers and allowing us to get a kill.
    One tip to all mages out there. Respec from cauteize into cold snap so that you can ice block 2 wind steps
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2013, 06:25 PM

The demonic gateway thing is actually quite useful to make up for classes without a natural speed boost, or one that's too risky or useless. Think burning rush or aspect of the cheetah.

The more I think about it the more I'm wondering how you managed to port yourself off Doom......

Left click puts down mushrooms, this won't interact with the portal, it'll just select it. The only thing I can think of is that you are using right clicks to cancel out of the placement cursor. If so there's plenty of other ways out. In fact detonating the mushrooms will cancel off the placement cursor.

Could also maybe put the portal off to the side a bit I guess, but it seems kinda pointless.

I will admit that early on I had a HUGE dislike of demonic gateway when you could just walk into it, as the potential benefits seem outweighed by the risks of people running into it by accident. These days though, it has a couple of fights where its ok.

Last edited by Klogaroth; 01-09-2013 at 06:28 PM.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klogaroth View Post
    I will admit that early on I had a HUGE dislike of demonic gateway when you could just walk into it, as the potential benefits seem outweighed by the risks of people running into it by accident. These days though, it has a couple of fights where its ok.
    Yeah. Their first implementation was not very clever. They certainly have their uses though.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 PM

Im assuming the tornados are a lot faster than in LFR? Hopefully Win shoulf be facing this guy within a couple weeks!
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM

Nope, the tornadoes are the same as in LFR. It's one of those fights (like Will of the Emperor or Sha of Fear) where LFR is a decent training ground for a key mechanic.

We actually left both tanks at one end and had the healers join the DPS in taking the wind tunnel back at 12%. Most tanks are unlikely to die very fast, as the damage is pretty low. On heroic, we just leave Sark there, because warriors are immune to things like dying.