Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 12:16 PM

Default I go. I come back.

Hi everyone!

After 18 months away I decided to see if I can still remember how to play this game.

Had some luck last night with trinkets so I should be ready to contribute in some small way to any raids starting up next week (Nov 22 - maybe LFR on Wednesday too).

I see we already have two fairly well stocked raid teams but if either Win or Awesome can use a rusty rogue, would it help if I signed up as Tentative for both, and see if any spots are available on the night? I'm a former Team Winner and it would be lovely to raid with uncle Akee again but if Awesome needs melee I'm happy to help out where I can.

Final question - does anyone have any strong recommendations for where I should do my research on the MoP raids? Any particular YouTuber/guild with strategies we tend to follow?
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM

I normally just look at fatboss videos as they do 10man.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 12:38 PM

Welcome back! I'm sure we can squeeze you in somewhere.

It looks like both raids teams nearly have the first four bosses on farm so it's easier to bring in a new player. Thursday's after the raid reset is your best bet.

I recommend doing LFR to at least see the bosses.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 PM

OHAI RAWS!

I always use Icy Veins as my first port of call for tictacs and tips

[url]http://www.icy-veins.com/[/url]

If you want any melee-specific advice, Sisy (now a monk called Sallymoneus) or Thunderlash would be great experts, from whose minds you can pick delicious brainy nuggets. Or something.

If Akee won't have you back, there's always Team Epic (LOLjk...I get in enough trouble for nicking players from other guilds).
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 PM

Icy Veins is a good place to start - I also like tankspot, but maybe beacuse i'm nostalgic.

Make sure you know which LFR the guild is doing - the first 2 stages of LFR (the first and second half of Mogushan Vaults) require ilvl 460. The one the guild currently runs on wednesday nights is the next bit of LFR to open up - Heart of Fear which requires ilvl 470 AND the first 2 bits of LFR to have been completed.
    LFR is good to help you gear up, but doesnt really help in terms of boss mechanics, so don't worry too much if you dont manage to learn anythign - I dont think Goffik has done LFR yet and he's main tanked 4 bosses for us

As for a raid spot, i'm pencilling you in for next thursday - I'll have a chat with Aphaeas if she wants a piece of you too, and we'll work something out
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 PM

Awesome and still recruiting. I am sure Akee and I can have a fight to the death over a rogue however, we won't be offended if you want to go back to raiding with Win.

I recommend Fat Boss videos or even better Icy Veins which have both already been mentioned.

We have been taking new/undergeared players to the first few bosses in MSV, as long as the rest of the raid team are slightly overgeared they can compensate for you. We took a new huntard last night and he ninja'd loads of gear which will help him with the newer bosses now. If Win aren't nice enough to let you ninja loot then LFR is the way to go!
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 03:16 PM

Thanks everyone!

Apparently we give you melee haste now, or something. Second ever reason to have a rogue in the raid, after those traps in ICC. Happy days!
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 04:10 PM

Nice to see you looking to get back into raiding again Ross. We have noticed that you've been plugging away quite nicely to get your gear and reps up

As regards research, I totally agree with what others have said : Icy Veins and Fatboss on Youtube.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    The one the guild currently runs on wednesday nights is the next bit of LFR to open up - Heart of Fear
    So far we have been running Mogushan Vaults every Wednesday and Heart of Fear if time permits. Not sure if we will change from next week. It's been good to give the raid groups the ground work for progression on raid nights. So maybe it's time to move on to Heart of Fear. Though I don't want non-raiders to feel left out of guild events, so maybe have a MSV LFR on Fridays ?
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 PM

Its not your haste we are after its your Master Poisoner ability, that extra 5% spell damage buff (or debuff) means we don't need any smelly Warlocks in our raid