Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-25-2012, 12:28 AM

Talking A new MMO in the works; dynamic, unique and community driven.

Paradox: The Nexus of Entropy(TM) is a next generation MMO. It promises to bring back the challenge that older MMOs offered while incorporating a fresh, new and ingenious aspect to a multiplayer game.

We are active gamers with a passion for MMOs. We believe in producing a high quality game focused on community and game mechanics. We are designing Paradox specifically with users in mind and are willing to listen to the gaming community! Players are looking for a unique challenge that allows their best attributes to gleam. Become part of a world that offers a fun and entertaining menagerie of epic battles, team dependent progression and raids, interactive puzzles, player run governments and city-scale economics.

Currently in its development stage, we are working to build our community. Show us your support for MMOs. The 2012 MMO Revolution starts today..! Join us and change gaming history!!

What makes Paradox the next generation of MMOs?
    • A community grown around players, with developers who listen to their customers.
    • Huge amount of progression and end game content such as; a player government system, city vs. city warfare, possibility of gaining player fame through various achievements, team oriented grouping and full scale raids requiring individuals of different classes and races, story driven quests, hidden zones, elusive trade skill recipes, powerful unique spells and items, hosted server events and celebrations.
    • A player government system based on an economic and political structure operated by trade skills, vendor interaction, wars and player decisions.
    • 14 playable races with a choice of 15 primary classes, and more than 100 possible class combinations.
    • Interactive questing with world and event dependent stories. Puzzle and quest locations change for each player upon receiving a new quest. Quests are based on in game factors such as weather, class, faction, etc. and reward the player admirably depending on their difficulty.
    • A manually controlled combat system based primarily on a players skill rather than an auto-attack system.
    • Public dungeons within dozens of zones, most of which are initially uncharted to players.
    • Many difficult and fun group or raid zones whose entry requires solving a puzzle or avoiding/removing traps.
    • An in-game store which NEVER sells content that allows players an advantage over others through real life monetary transactions such as weapons, armor, in-game coin or level enhancements. Players will only find content like guild banners, t-shirts, vanity gear, etc.
    • An epic main story whose progression depends on choices made by the player community.
    • A player Permanent Record searchable by other players, detailing player achievements and server related criminal actions like cheating, kill-stealing, etc.
    • A crafting system based mostly on player skills instead of mind numbing, monotonous clicking.
    • Player owned trade skill shops and private homes.
    • City bazaars.
    • A huge world with ships, mounted units, wagons, caravans, air ships, and teleporters. All of which can be built, controlled and automated by players.
    • Player built towns, Top Secret player contracted missions, tons of customization and much, much more!

Share your ideas with us we want to hear from you!

[url]www.paradoxnoe.com[/url]

Check out our article on MMORPG.com as well
    [url]http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/feature/6794/Independency-Paradox-The-Nexus-of-Entropy.html[/url]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-25-2012, 04:39 PM

I think you should fire your webdesigner. That site looks like it's made in 1996. I wouldn't trust playing a game which such un-proffessional looking site. You might say that you focused on the game not the site, but your designer should be able to draw a propper site, not that mess. If your designers are that bad, i'm not playing that game.
    Geforce GTX485M @ 2GB
    12GB RAM @ 1600Mhz
    250GB SSD
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ralph_d View Post
    I think you should fire your webdesigner. That site looks like it's made in 1996. I wouldn't trust playing a game which such un-proffessional looking site. You might say that you focused on the game not the site, but your designer should be able to draw a propper site, not that mess. If your designers are that bad, i'm not playing that game.
    I read this and thought you were just being mean....then I looked at the site. It's like a time machine to the mid-90s and some of the artwork for the races made me laugh out loud at how awful it is (the Orc in particular). Still I guess if it is an indie title they wouldn't have much of a budget but I am still allowed to laugh

Can't really comment on the game since there are no screenshots/videos or much real info about it (bar your list of promises here) but hey, good luck with that.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Acroman View Post
    I read this and thought you were just being mean....then I looked at the site. It's like a time machine to the mid-90s and some of the artwork for the races made me laugh out loud at how awful it is (the Orc in particular). Still I guess if it is an indie title they wouldn't have much of a budget but I am still allowed to laugh

Can't really comment on the game since there are no screenshots/videos or much real info about it (bar your list of promises here) but hey, good luck with that.
    Informative website, good copy. But you really need to get your artwork sorted; as said, the orc picture is a screamer.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 12:46 AM

Our website was designed within our current budget. We wanted it to be simple and easy to navigate.

The website will be upgraded as time and resources allow. There is still quite a bit of content to come and we hope that you will stick around to find out!

Thanks for your input,
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 05:31 AM

At the moment we are trying to build a community. We feel that many people have been let down by current MMOs (produced by both large and small companies) and it is our goal to change that.

The downside to doing so is that we are not a huge company like Blizzard or NCSoft with vast resources at hand and absolutely DO NOT want to create a game that will not and cannot meet our customer's expectations.

As such, the purpose of Paradox is to inform the gaming community that not only is there a company which will work for them but also to carry a product that is exceptional.

We play MMOs. We will not produce Paradox if it is missing these three requirements.
    1) A community of gamers.
    2) High quality mechanics.
    3) The resources necessary to meet both challenges.

Thank you,
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 06:44 AM

Scratch that, the gnome picture is brilliant. Who the hell has drawn these? [URL="http://www.paradoxnoe.com/gnome.html"]http://www.paradoxnoe.com/gnome.html[/URL]
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 10-28-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thequillguy View Post
    Scratch that, the gnome picture is brilliant. Who the hell has drawn these? [URL="http://www.paradoxnoe.com/gnome.html"]http://www.paradoxnoe.com/gnome.html[/URL]
    The artwork on our website was created by an exceptional watercolors artist (then digitally touched up) with the objective to give a feel like the user is opening the pages of an ancient tome.

We intend to use the highest quality rendering software available to create our actual game graphics. We still want Paradox to be playable by a whole round of the gaming community so there will be low quality graphics for lower end computers.

The primary intent of our website is to present the gamer with an "MMO under development" and not to showcase a final product by any means. When we reach the stage of producing rendered game graphics (screenshots, gameplay videos, etc.) it is our full intention to present them to our community.

Since we still are at a stage where game production has not begun, it is a great opportunity for the gaming community to interject anything they would like to see in their MMO. Remember, we are making this game for you guys. We developed this game from more than 10 years of MMO player comments!

We frequently add new content to our forum which is in its infant stages at the moment. Feel free to join up, and add any comments or questions there. Our team will use that information.
    [url]www.paradoxnoe.com/forum[/url]
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 10-28-2012, 07:20 AM

format the text on your website better.

Mini walls of text aren't much better than huge ones.

I like the oldschool art though. and the classes/races seem nice
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 10-28-2012, 08:33 AM

You might want to run your text through Word for a grammar check. Is Pwnd Entertainment really a reasonable name for a serious game? You've also marked Pwnd as a trademark at the bottom of the page, but I seriously doubt you have trademarked it. Otherwise, good luck with your project.

Tags

mmo, mmorpg