Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2012, 09:42 PM

Default Best PC Games Ever Special Issue?

I can't find it in the shops, and it's not on Newsstand on iOS, or at least I can't find it, but it was advertised as being available in issue #245. Any ideas if was ever released and if so where? I would prefer the digital edition (takes up no space!) but I understand if that's not available over a paper copy.

What a stroke of lu-

Last edited by Katang; 10-22-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Incorrect issue number, I originally put #246
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2012, 10:48 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Katang View Post
    I can't find it in the shops, and it's not on Newsstand on iOS, or at least I can't find it, but it was advertised as being available in issue #245. Any ideas if was ever released and if so where? I would prefer the digital edition (takes up no space!) but I understand if that's not available over a paper copy.
    Not sure where it is on iTunes as I don't use it myself but do you mean [url=http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/gaming-bookazines/the-greatest-pc-games-of-all-time/]this one?[/url] (Print version) - if so, I'd advise making sure you're looking for the exact name of it.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-24-2012, 09:52 PM

Default Yes, that's the one.

I can't find it on Newsstand on iOS. I've tried searching for the name of the mag, keywords from the mag, even "PC Gamer Presents". I've looked in the "More from us" in the app itself as well as the list of available issues - the last available PC Gamer Presents on iOS was the Best Hardware special.

What a stroke of lu-
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-26-2012, 03:11 PM

I saw the Best of magazine on sale today in W H Smith. I actually didn't realise there was a special coming out so I was a little confused as to if I was buying the right thing but I eventually found the regular latest issue 246 further along the shelf.

But yes, I have seen this in sale in W H Smith if you haven't looked there yet.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-26-2012, 08:28 PM

Default Thanks

Cool, I'll check this out - pretty much given up on getting the digital copy!

What a stroke of lu-
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-31-2012, 02:37 PM

Incidentally, I leafed through this mag in Smiths and thought that it appeared to just be a collection of articles from previous regular issues, or at least that interspersed with new material. Is this correct as £10 is alot to read things I've already read.