Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Default team win first raid tonight

Reminder that our first raid is tonight, 7:30 start/
    signups are low and i'm hoping it's beacuse people forgot - if you see any of our group online before tonight, please remind them in case they don't check the forums,

See you then

Akee
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-15-2012, 04:39 PM

Good luck tonight chaps!

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 PM

Was a good start I thought, we all know the fight pretty well and it's just a case of maxing our gear and practice practice practice.

The worst part I found was when you get chained to a melee and they need to move around and swap sides for the boss swap ( I know you can work it so you always stay on the same side so might be worth trying if others find it an issue too)

Last edited by Ayumis; 10-15-2012 at 10:24 PM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 PM

it's easier with only one dog moving.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-16-2012, 08:13 AM

It was good fun and it's a long time since we had a wipe-fest like that.

Some observations:

Targeting - Might be an idea to create three targeting macro's for quick switching between dogs. Tanks could also add a taunt so they have a one button press for targeting and taunting.

Food - I think it was a bit of a waste using feasts. Until we start hitting the enrage timer only the tanks and possibly the healers need a food buff. Single servings of food are a lot cheaper to make then feasts.

Gear - We are way under geared for this at the moment and that will improve over the next few weeks. Each week make sure you do LFR, Sha of Anger and Galleon; use your tokens on the last two. Get Golden Lotus rep to Revered to open August Celestrials and Shado-Pan dailies.

It took Team Win nearly 3 months to start to raid in Cata so starting just three after release is great.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-16-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ayumis View Post
    The worst part I found was when you get chained to a melee and they need to move around and swap sides for the boss swap
    Yeah. This has been causing us a lot of problems too. Melee seem to have caught something from the raving rabbits in 4 winds

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    Targeting - Might be an idea to create three targeting macro's for quick switching between dogs.
    I set up some macros for myself as I find clicking those easier than clicking the boss bars at the right of the screen. One thing I did notice though. The Cobalt dog does not like being targeted. For some reason, my /tar Cobalt macro was very flaky during every fight on our last raid (the first time I set up the macros). The other 2 macros, /tar Amethyst and /tar Jasper worked properly. Out of combat the macro worked perfectly. Weird why Cobalt was being so unreliable in combat.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-16-2012, 06:23 PM

/tar Cobalt won't work because the Cobalt Guardian summons mines, which, in a bizarre and frankly unreasonable twist of fate, are called Cobalt Mines. /tar Cobalt Guardian should do you if you want a macro.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 10-16-2012, 02:30 PM

no enrage timer on this fight so Good luck trying to hit it ^^

this fight is designed purely to check your gear and brains are still working. Food is a definaty a good idea. if your dps is low the fight is longer your healers will oom and so on
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 AM

It's nothing to do with an enrage but more about minimising damage to save healers mana from the pitfalls of crossing sides often with crap on the floor and chained people getting to far apart, etc.

We were making good progress anyway swaping sides so I expect we'll just continue that way.

Last edited by Ayumis; 10-18-2012 at 10:10 AM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2012, 11:16 AM

Cobalt is the hardest to deal with on any setup. U should aim to get the boss down before the enrage, forgot how long it is but if ur not getting it down within 9minutes or so tell ur dps to kick it up a notch.

Jasper,jade,ameth is the easiest combo by far as the raid dmg is tiny.

If ur stuck with Jasper,ameth,cobalt it can be tricky with breaking the chains on Jasper petrify.

Its all about awareness and ur dps as ur healers will be focusing mainly on tank and chain dmg and if ur taking avoidable dmg which most of it is, slap them

Good luck peeps! U will get it!!