Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > ArmA 2

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2012, 08:43 PM

Default Think I'm done with Dayz

Every person I've met has been a hacker or shoot on sight, it's getting really annoying. Just now I came across like the 50th hacker who made my character stand up and I couldn't move...... it's really putting me off this game. I mean I was hanging up north and suddenly a few ghilie suits and snipers spawned all in the same area at the same time and then spawning vehicles....

Even if there wasn't hackers I'm sick of this shoot on sight mentality every one has. I've not killed a single person in ages, always tried to say I'm friendly and just get shot. Dayz needs some mechanic to stop this from happening without any negative consequence. It's not realistic at all because in real life we have a conscience... there needs to be a mechanic where you become obvious that you're gonna kill on sight. People have rep in real life, you'll see them and know straight away who they are, so you know if you should avoid them, Dayz needs the same.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-07-2012, 12:28 AM

I agree that the hacking is getting ridiculous nowadays, it was only a few hours ago when I was playing on the PCG server and everyone got teleported to the same position and shot at.

I also agree about everyone killing on sight. I don't mind that element of danger that they might shoot you, but most people do. I for one am also one of the few that doesn't - I just try and avoid people completely. But in a recent interview with Rocket, he said that he's bringing back some kind of recognition for bandits and also recognition for people with high humanity, so hopefully that should make it a lot more easy to distinguish who's friendly and who isn't.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-07-2012, 12:18 PM

It really needs it because I'm sick of saying "friendly" oh I'm shot. I have no interest in playing an online game alone and finding your real life friends in the game because such an effort that you cannot realistically play with them every time.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 PM

My brother and a few of his mates have been playing it alot. They were on a server, exploring, as you do, when suddenly one of them was dropped by a sniper. So the rest of his little crowd managed to flank the sniper, and a couple of his mates, and decided to get revenge. So they opened up on the snipers, killing one. One disconnected to avoid death, and the other kicked my brother and his mates from the server.

Admins are dicks too. Didn't like the fact that the tables had turned, the admin decided to kick the players that he had started shooting at first.

So my brother and his mates decided to get revenge. They logged on to the server during quiet hours, and continued to explore the area they got attacked in. Low and behold they found a large campsite full of multiples of all the weapons in the game, and various vehicles. So, they filled trucks with everything they could get their hands on and drove off to another part of the map to.

The next day the server had been locked, with only the admin on line and no one else.

When the server was eventually unlocked, the campsite was still there, fully restocked.

Kinda goes against the idea of the game when Admin are able to just spawn what they want for their friends to play around with. Especially as it comes across as they just want the upper hand to dick all other any players in the game.

Doesn't help that there is also some sort of Thunderdome that players all get spawned into for a fight to the death with access to any weapon.

Its a shame that people out there just do shit like this

Hopefully, as more time is put into this mod, that a decent system is put in place to prevent it all
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 08-29-2012, 09:07 PM

In reply to the guy saying everyone has a shoot on sight mentality. They don't. Well.. Me and my buddy logged on and ran into Elektro, we scavanged etc. Some how we had 7 others with us. We worked together to ransack the hospital and supermarket. Only several of us were using mics. Eventually one of them turned so me, my friend and two others ran of. Eventually we were killed by a lone wolf, oh well it was fun whilst it lasted.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM

DayZ is a crock. If you can get on a server, when it isn't pitch black, and you don't get warped into one spot, then all you have to do is lie down, crawl around, and don't shoot anything.

Play ArmAII as was intended, or if you must try a mod, look for I44 (Invasion 1944) the WW2 mod. That is quality.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-09-2012, 02:14 PM

if your sick of be killed on site there are role play servers like dayzbrahs no kos active admins and a friendly and helpfull bunch of people its worth a look
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scaramoosh View Post
    tried to say I'm friendly and just get shot.
    Same thing on War Z. You can barely chat with people b/c they are afraid of giving their position away.