Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2012, 01:25 PM

Default Warlock Raiding Gear

Hey all,

I'm hoping to hit 85 in the next week or two, and would quite like to get into raiding with my first character.

Can anyone help me out by suggesting good starting raiding gear for a new 85 Warlock?

Many thanks,

Mag
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2012, 03:14 PM

I'm nearly finished gearing up my newly minted priest for raids. Here's how I've been doing it.

With the new heroics and Looking For Raid, gearing up isn't really that hard or complicated now. It does require a burst of activity though, and you'll quickly get sick of Vortex Pinnacle.

The first thing you want to do is get your hands on the highest ilvl gear you can wear. That includes crafted pvp gear - it may have icky resilience, but the intellect means it's far superior to anything you're wearing. Ask in guild and check the AH for anything you can to boost your ilvl. Then grind dungeons, heroics, and Hour of Twilight Heroics in that order to get your maximum valor points per week. Use the valor points to replace whatever the lowest level gear you have is - most likely, a trinket.

Use the justice points to pick up ilvl 378 tier gear. And once your gear is of a high enough ilvl, start queuing for Looking For Raid. Only at that point is it worth considering stat weights and what gear is actually better for you. Before that, it'll only slow you down and not make a huge difference anyway.

Don't be afraid to use spirit gear either, if it's a) significantly better in terms of intellect than what you already have and b) you're not nicking it off someone who actually uses spirit.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Where would I spend Valor and Justice points...sorry, despite level 82 i still manage to be a noob =)
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2012, 03:34 PM

You can't spend valour or justice till you hit 85, also for raiding ilevel isn't everything, certain items from lower tiers can actually beat the newer stuff.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2012, 03:39 PM

Can anyone straighten this sutff out into plain noob talk please =)
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2012, 05:18 PM

Basically there is no definitive list to be ready to raid, you just need to look at sites such as elitist jerks and learn what your class needs and its rotation, sites like Mr robot can help with gear, but gear won't bring up your dps as much as learning the class.

so really there is no real newbie friendly option as depending on certain caps items can end up worth a lot more than others and in some cases items from older raids and lower ilevels can actually give a greater stat increase.

your best bet would be talking to on of the raiding locks in the guild.