Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games > PC Gamer Game Club

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to LMAOAsylum
    Default Getting deeper into the Gaming scene?

So I've played games for years. I've had all the consoles, played all the big titles, waited outside shops for hours for a midnight launch the whole shabang...But now I find myself wanting more!

I enjoy being a gamer, its awesome, & I would like to dive deeper into the gaming community. I'd rather be more involved with the gaming scene than just playing the latest games & not having anyone to share my opinions & experiences with.

Yeah my friends play games but there not as serious, they just enjoy the break. Casual gamers. I'd like a place or a community, whether it be a guild, a group, a website, a forum anything, where people can discuss & share on a productive level.

I'm here to ask, does anyone know where a good place to start is? Or even something I can actively do to become more involved in the gaming scene?

It can be a website, hell it can even be a job! I just find myself wanting to become a lot more involved in something I love!

Thanks in advance & I look forward to some replies!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/lmaoasylum
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/lmaoasylum
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/lmaoasylum
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2012, 06:06 PM

It seems to me like your looking for a clan or a guild. The Games that you do love you should join a forums just for them, This will give you more strategies to your games and meet people to who can give you tips and help you out.

What are your favourite Games atm?

Oh and have you also thought about recording your gameplay? Showing other people what to do and whatnot?

Last edited by Mati; 06-16-2012 at 06:13 PM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM

I am also big fan of the games. I am used to play the racing games, skill games and fighting games, like that every one having some taste, so what is your interesting game type, then we can suggest the games to you.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-12-2012, 01:39 PM

I dont think you want so much a serious clan, more of community, who just play games together over VOIP and such.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-28-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rossrox View Post
    I dont think you want so much a serious clan, more of community, who just play games together over VOIP and such.
    This sounds about right. I myself have tried to find a good 'group' of gaming buddies for some time now. Usually always fails because they are either in a different country and/or are too distracted to stick to a single game till completion/endgame.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 09-15-2012, 12:18 AM

The current clan i am with plays a variety of games and has an awesome community. We attend national events together also. Feel free to swing by the site and check it out, [url]www.dsoclan.com[/url]
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-15-2012, 06:13 PM

I think first of all you should find what games you really like, then decide how much you wanna invest in said games.

some games you can be part of a guild that is active 24/7 like EVE online, some just do raids on ocasion like in MMOs.

I think you can find people to play with even in the smallest community, as long as you really enjoy + are good at that game
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-05-2012, 01:31 PM

I recommend the United Operations community - they focus mainly on Arma and Mil-sim but the lads there play loads of different games. Search for them on youtube to see them playing ~100 players coop.

shameless plug to my kickstarter also [url]http://kck.st/TYULtQ[/url]
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2013, 08:12 PM

Back in the day I played AA:O on Teamwarfare. Satisfied my gaming needs. Trick is to find not a good clan, but a mature one.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2013, 05:31 PM

Just had to chime in here because the question the OP poses really struck a chord for me too. I think gardon is on to something when he talks about investment - in a gaming market where the consumer [dirty word?] is truly spoilt for choice, picking one game and becoming deeply familiar with it ("investing in it") seems to be a good strategy. This will provide you with the skills that are valued by other players in competitive titles (e.g. Battlefield), or the well-versed knowledge of the lore of single player titles (e.g. Skyrim). In either case you'll have something to share with others that goes beyond "casual" enthusiasm.

On the other side of the coin would be seeking out a job that deals directly in the industry. Not having that perspective myself, I can't speak to whether that allows you to "dive deeper" into the community, but one would certainly expect so. Perhaps someone else with this background might be able to shed some light? I've heard of games journalists looking forward to finishing work so they can enjoy games purely for games' sake, so perhaps you can have too much of good thing.

Last edited by AdamDenton; 12-12-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Tags

community, gaming, group, guild, scene