Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > SW: The Old Republic > EU Guild - PC Gamer Mint Imperials

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 12:57 PM

Default Guild Operations - Rules + Groups and Signups

Hey all, Ezekiel here. This thread is now for SIGNING UP to be sorted into operations (raid) groups.

With help from Gutz, I have set up an Operations Roster via googledocs. [URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuE0cjZsPDSCdHVUa292VEIwSC1pdUZMOE1uazFqN UE"][Size="4"]CLICK HERE[/size][/URL] to access the roster.

[size="4"]UPDATE: All new Lvl50s who want to sign up for an ops group, whether full-time or as a substitute, please visit the Operations Roster (link above), and SIGN UP THERE.[/size]

Group representatives please format (colour, spacings, whatnots) and update the necessary info in your group. I have filled in what I know off the top of my head. Please also keep this updated when new info becomes available.

-------------

[size="4"]Some rules for all operations group members:

1. Mark attendance on rosters when runs are scheduled by team leaders.
    2. For team leaders, make sure you specifically schedule a run, so that all members can see the schedule.
    3. Be punctual. Actual time windows from when invites roll out to when the operation actually commences varies per group, but should be about 15minutes.
    4. No poaching unless a player is NOT scheduled to run that specific op during the week.
    I'll elaborate:

It is the responsibility of the team leader to schedule runs before the resets on Tuesday so all members have advance notice. It is also the responsibility of the team members to check the rosters and be aware of when the runs are scheduled. If you have a run scheduled already, DO NOT sub for another group. And teams should NOT poach other players if that player is already scheduled for a run.

For team leaders and representatives: if you do not schedule a run, there can be no argument if your members sub for another group.
    [/size]

-------------

Info for newcomers:

The lockouts reset every Tuesday at 12pm, the same as when all the weekly quests reset. Normal modes are on one lockout, and hard + nightmare are on another lockout (hard and nightmare share same lockout).

When we did EV + KP the first time, we were lacking a lot in the DPS department, mostly because a lot of us weren't properly geared yet (ie just turned 50). So we ran with only one tank, 5 DPS and two healers. Ofc in the end its up to the group whether they're happy running together or not. I'm just saying, if you're new to 50, it would be better if you got some pvp champion gear before venturing into the ops (read thread replies to find out about these bags).

Currently, its absolutely pointless to run 16-man operations, as the loot is the same, but the difficulty is ramped up. A 16-man operation gets less loot than 2x 8-man runs.

Also, its very beneficial if you use the guild vent. Ask in guild for more info on this.

Sign up ON THE OPS SHEET (link above) if you are interested in doing operations. You can state your groupmember preferences if you have any (or even sign up an already formed group). Remember, at least one member will need to keep his group's sheet on the Operations Roster updated, although the more people updating, the easier it is for all.

-----

Last edited by thierryfying; 02-26-2012 at 04:24 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 12:59 PM

Also for interested people, the droptable (credits to dulfyforce):

Last edited by thierryfying; 02-26-2012 at 04:01 PM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 03:00 PM

Matteh here, count me in for ops, I'm a heal specced IA.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 03:44 PM

Nice to see Operations have started already. I am very interested in doing this when I eventually get to 50. I'm leveling as a IA healer which is giving me some good practise.

Does any one have information on getting "PvP champion gear" as this is something I could work on as I level up?

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012

Last edited by Bimble; 01-09-2012 at 03:48 PM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 AM

I'll give you a shout when I hit 50, but I'd be very interested in doing ops. As Bimble can testify, I used to be pretty good back in my WoW days, got no qualms about leading if that's needed either. I'm currently a level 38 Sniper, so only derps for me but I'll be 50 before too long! Free most weeknights apart from Wednesdays, and roughly every other weekend.

Eve Online username: Illuria Nari
    BF3 soldier: Illur1a
    LoL EU username: Illurian
    WoT username: Illuria
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goldfinger247 View Post
    Matteh here, count me in for ops, I'm a heal specced IA.
    At the moment I feel its kinda difficult to premake the ops groups (for the first time) here on the forums, since i reckon some dont view the forums at all. It would be better if you just round up a group of 8 anytime from whoever is online in the guild, and run the op.

After you guys form your group, feel free to post here so I can update the group status. Group 1's status is listed already because we've done it and are all on the same lockout timer.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    Nice to see Operations have started already. I am very interested in doing this when I eventually get to 50. I'm leveling as a IA healer which is giving me some good practise.

Does any one have information on getting "PvP champion gear" as this is something I could work on as I level up?
    PvP champ gear is obtained from "champion gear bags" which are accessible once you hit lvl50. You can obtain them via weekly quests (3bags per quest), or daily quests (1bag per quest). There are two daily pvp quests everyday resetting at 12pm GMT+0. There are also two weekly pvp quests resetting at 12pm on Tuesdays.

Aside from that, champ gear bags can be bought from pvp vendors for 200 warzone comms + 200 mercenary comms.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-19-2012, 08:49 AM

Xoxaan here,

As soon as I hit 50 I am well up for some Ops.

I have a Lightning Sith Inquisitor (UNLIMITED POWERRRR!!!)

See you all soon.

Ryan / Xoxaan Diigiital
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-19-2012, 03:41 PM

Zeke/Gutz - thanks for sorting out the s/s, does the job perfectly.

just so I know the deal, 'sorting list' = subs list? Or does it mean members are being rotated?

Just want to know so I can plan nights in etc.

Cheers
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-19-2012, 03:51 PM

Presumably, those waiting to be sorted can either be used as subs for the current groups, or need to be assigned as regulars to a group.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-19-2012, 04:05 PM

Thanks mate, that makes sense