Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Wurm Online > Village Chat > Golden Valley

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-05-2010, 04:23 PM

Default GV PCG Village Projects 5/8/10

I thought I'd put up a list of things the village needs so if people feel bored and without anything to do, they can chip in to small or large projects.

Last update - Consideration, Major and Minor Projects

Consideration:
    The village redevelopment design by Donbar needs consideration from other village members before it goes ahead.

[SIZE="3"]Major (long-term) Projects:[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][list]
    Lamps - lamps need to be made and put up throughout the village (preferably painted white as this makes them brighter)[*]Mine Tunnel - *Completed*[*]Pine Forest - Cherry Hill needs replanting with pines, birches and cedars[*]PCG Village Fort - The fort is half finished and needs a lot of building work still to do[/list][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Minor (short-term) Projects:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][LIST][*]Mine Door Imping - The mine and tunnel doors need improving to 2000 strength[*]Village Centre - The village centre is missing it's flair (flare?) and being the focal point of the village, it needs to shine. Ideas on a topic / postcard please. [*]Soup Kitchen Tidy Up - The kitchen needs a good tidy up and sort out. Things needs to be put into containers in categories (like all the food is in the wooden storage thing). A lot of things are still in the carts, so they can be either put into the kitchen or into the mine, depending on what they are.[*]New Well - *Completed*[*]SK to Mine Tunnel Reinforcement - *Completed*[/LIST][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Constant Ongoing Projects:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]These 2 in red are priority maintenance. Kitchen stores a lot of our things and the mine is a way into the kitchen cart area. Let's keep it all in check.[list]
    [url=http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19725#post19725]Maintenance Thread by Iso[/url]

[*]Healing Herbs - The kitchen needs to be restocked with healing herbs, especially rosemary and lovage (glands and teeth also do the trick) incase we need to heal up a severe wound[/LIST][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Job Vacancies:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][LIST][*]Forester - Taken by Donbar[/LIST][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Put any projects, large or small in that you can think of as a post and I'll put them in this top post.[/SIZE]

Last edited by Mibeshu; 08-14-2010 at 04:22 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-05-2010, 06:16 PM

Here's a quick list I've compiled:

What I'm hoping to do eventually is to map out the village and see where the place can be trimmed up a bit and lay down newer, neater and more direct roads to various places.

I've also noticed that, as far as animals go, we seem to be living far beyond our means. Just a suggestion, but would it be worth trading off some animals for things we may be in need of? Do we need anything? On the opposite end, we seem to be lacking crop farms.

The fort seems to be falling apart. Definatly not a priority, but it may suit a village project at some point in the future to bring it back up to speed.

I'd also to be happy to take up the Forester/Lumberyard position again. I enjoyed it after taking over from Jaz and would be like to take up the role again.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Hello Mibeshu, nice to hear from you after such a long time away. I'm sure I still have an item of yours, somewhere . I'm at a loss as to how to phrase my next sentence but in the main I guess I think I'd have to say I feel a little hurt by your post. As someone left behind during the Great Exodus and who has seen at first hand the dynamic of the village change, as most of the "get up and goers" got up and went, into something more of a close, physically and emotionally, band of individuals, with their own aims, who have done a great job of holding the First Outpost of PCG Wurm, that a new player encounters, together, under the gentle but firm guiding hand of Isosto and to a much lesser extent, myself. Your suggestions are most welcome, of course and will be considered accordingly. Statements of the bleeding obvious, like damage control only seve to rile, well, me at least. How else do you think the buildings still stand. Please see this from our perspective and hopefully the injection of energy that you are bringing to Village life can be harnessed for the good of all.

Barbaresco the Emotionally Torn
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 08-05-2010, 11:09 PM

After much angst as to how to phrase my reply, I still think it sounds too harsh. The bottom line is, please show some respect for curent setup.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2010, 09:07 AM

Good to hear from you again, Barbaresco. I'm sure a lot of my tools are floating around somewhere, I left a coffin load of them for people to take when I left

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Barbaresco View Post
    After much angst as to how to phrase my reply, I still think it sounds too harsh. The bottom line is, please show some respect for curent setup.
    I understand. I was worried that I'd end up looking ilke a bit of a pompus arse with some of my posts and comments since coming back, I sometimes get a little over-excited. I'll try and keep a level head and watch what I say, you guys have done a great job of keeping the village up and running since the exodus to Freedom.

However, I'm surprised it's this post that has offended you. This is simply a copy and paste of an old topic from the PCGWurm.com forum that was put up so people can see a sort of check list or action plan (partially for new people who kept telling me they didn't know what to do now). Yes, the maintenance is obvious but it's meant as a gentle reminder to people who aren't used to doing maintenance and give new comers and understanding of the inner works that the villagers contribute on.

Since I've come back, both you and Iso have been away so I've had very few people to ask about current projects in the village and thought I'd take an initiative to start some up that I saw needed doing. They are all generally my opinion so if any are wrong or people feel they need to be taken off the list, then just say and I'll delete them. For instance, I was a little worried about putting up "# Demonlision Man - There are lot of empty houses in the village with broken walls..." but I thought someone would say if it was out of line.

At the end of the day I'm doing what I'm doing out of devotion and love for this village and I will never be offended if someone tells me I'm stepping over the line.

Having said that, I'd still like to keep this topic up so people know what parts of the village need to be worked on.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 AM

Just to add to the list - the main village well has gone (the one behind the Klaatu memorial garden). It's either fallen down due to disrepair, stolen or been moved. Either way, we need a new one. It's a long trek down to the sea or up to the well behind the collosus just for a sip of water!
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Donbar View Post
    Just to add to the list - the main village well has gone (the one behind the Klaatu memorial garden). It's either fallen down due to disrepair, stolen or been moved. Either way, we need a new one. It's a long trek down to the sea or up to the well behind the collosus just for a sip of water!
    I checked it on Wednesday, it had no dmg. Maybe all the water dried up? If you're desperate, there's a barrel of water in my house (Sunset Shed), I added you to the writ yesterday I think.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2010, 02:12 PM

I didn't know the water could dry up. It's no huge problem, just a hassle if you're near the centre of the village.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2010, 02:28 PM

Simple answer: The well decayed. It happens.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 08-14-2010, 09:12 AM

Can't change the title of this thread

Anyway,
    Last update 13/08/10 - Consideration, Major and Minor Projects