Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-10-2011, 12:41 PM

Default The raid loot distribution system.

Here's my idea how loot distribution should work, which should eliminate any decisions for the loot-master, making it inherently fair. And while I'm not expecting everyone to want to use it or even like it, try finding situations or loopholes that would allow the loot-master to manipulate the system or be required to make decisions that there are no guidelines for. Also if it seems unfair from any angle. (Keep in mind these are tailored to fit together with the current general raid rules, such as not taking alts/non-regulars unless they are needed or the raid is doing old content.)

*If you are in the raid group, you will have an equal chance to get loot with everyone else, regardless of the type of loot, your current gear, if you are a regular team member, any future plans or whether it's a main or an alt.

*MS before OS and if you've already won something, you get a -100 to your roll compared to others who haven't. These penalties clear after each raid. There are no special loot rules for tier tokens or for getting set bonuses.

*If there are several items someone could roll on, the item with the widest audience will be rolled for first. (Example: Warrior/Hunter/Shaman token and agility mail drops. There is 1 warrior and 1 hunter. You don't roll for the mail first to eliminate the hunter from the token roll. Otherwise, if the loot-master was fond of the warrior, he could manipulate the system to guarantee loot to the warrior.)

*You can be asked to pass on loot, if there's a compelling argument why someone else should have it instead, but the person who won the roll will decide if they want to pass it on or not.

*BoE boss loot will be treated the same way, if no one wants it, priority goes to people who've been asked to sit out the fight, after that trades with other teams, and then alts. (OS for people who got the kill before MS for people who were sitting out.)

*Rolls for BoE trash loot will be rolled for between all raid members including ones who are sitting out, otherwise the same as boss BoE loot.

* If someone is forced to use their off-spec repeatedly, they can decide to roll for the OS gear like it was MS (while participating in the raid in his OS). The decision should be made beforehand and cannot be changed mid-raid.

Last edited by Calder; 10-10-2011 at 02:39 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-10-2011, 12:56 PM

I agree with most of what you have said Calder.

Although it must be stated that this is only a guideline and if you are in a new party or raid group you should always ask how the loot system works. As a guild we cannot control how guild groups control loot and who it is given to.

There are only a few points I would question:

If you have announced you are leaving a raid team in a few short weeks should you expect to be able to roll on important loot such as tier items? Surely it is unfair on the rest of the group if you win the tier gear and then leave WoW for months, it could have been someones 4 set bonus which would benefit the team in the long run.

I agree with the concept of tier gear being rolled on the same as normal gear, whoever is highest wins, no matter how many pieces you tier you have. I would however place it in a different system to normal loot or players may be scared to try and win normal loot just in case their tier piece drops and they are bottom of the list for already winning gear. We could end up DEing items which people need but don't want to lose their place for tier tokens.

I do like your idea of the widest audience piece being rolled for first, this does make sense and is something I may look at using within Team Awesome.

As for the rest it is pretty standard and what all of the teams use. I do however think that Loot Masters do need to have some control over the loot system by asking if someone can pass on loot for someone else, as long as they have a vaild reason. In Team Awesome, we have never abused this power and would never dream of doing so, I expect the same can be said for Team Win. Luckily, all those currently involved in raiding are honest people and we can trust this judgement.

This post however is a very good guideline for any new raid teams/new guild groups who do not know each other and want a fair system.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-10-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    If you have announced you are leaving a raid team in a few short weeks should you expect to be able to roll on important loot such as tier items? Surely it is unfair on the rest of the group if you win the tier gear and then leave WoW for months, it could have been someones 4 set bonus which would benefit the team in the long run.
    I think this would go under the 4th point, where you're asked to pass on an item due to it being of use to the person who got it for a very limited time. In which case, the player shouldn't really object much to passing on the stuff anyway, but if he insists on getting it for himself, so be it. You don't want to make people feel that they have been robbed of an item they technically won the roll for.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    I agree with the concept of tier gear being rolled on the same as normal gear, whoever is highest wins, no matter how many pieces you tier you have. I would however place it in a different system to normal loot or players may be scared to try and win normal loot just in case their tier piece drops and they are bottom of the list for already winning gear. We could end up DEing items which people need but don't want to lose their place for tier tokens.
    That's a good point, especially now that 4.3 is going to have tokens for all 5 pieces. Having a separate loot table for those sounds like the reasonable thing to do.