View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Old 07-03-2012, 07:29 AM

Talking PCGE Frigate Football Game

Dear all,
with the Euro championship over, I suggest to have our own attempt on some decent space ship football now .

As proposed by Deadard earlier and discussed briefly in corp chat last night, it would be a great idea to have a "friendly" PCGE football game. No idea what I am talking about? Believing your CEO finally is going nuts? (no comments, pls) Have a look on the [URL="http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1247040"]Frigate Football Eve forum thread[/URL]. Let us have a further discussion about rules and fits here in this thread. All stuff should be T1 only to give newbies and veterans a more level playing field.

Starter rules for discussion are (courtesy to DireStorm):
THE FIELD:
Frigate Football should be played on a playing field 100km long and any length wide. Each team has an anchored Secure Container (the Goals) at one end of the field.

THE BALL
:
The ball should be a jet can with an object inside.

THE OBJECTIVE:
The objective is to bring the ball to your team's goal post.

THE PLAYERS:
Each of the two teams should have an equal number of players. Each player should be flying a T1 frigate. Larger ships (or interceptors) are optional at the discretion of the teams.

THE RULES:
*No damage dealt to either the players, the ball, or the goals. However, nos/neut, EW, and web/scram is OK.
*No microwarp drives.
*No destruction of the ball(by looting it, for instance). The ball must be dragged via tractor beam.
*Each time the ball is dragged to a goal, the team whose goal it is scores one point. Victory is determined either by time limit, or when a team reaches a given number of points.

Let me know how many are interested (post here) and I will go on planniong the next steps. Come on, guys .. should be fun .. may be in future we can have frienfly inter-corp matches. It should be also some good PVP tackle training.

Cheers,
(Eve Online)
... working on an Eve explorer career right now