PC Gamer Forums

PC Gamer Forums (http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/index.php)
-   Team Super (http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   26/3 Report (http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7676)

Belimawr 03-26-2011 11:42 PM

26/3 Report

attendance,

tanks
Cen (on his tank, at least think it was him lol)
Osk

healers
Dari on his pally
Akee
Deni on priest

DPS
Ieatpuppies
Acathla
Eviee
Revvy
Smithman

first things to the epicers and Akee for stepping in fill out the group and again to Dari for doing tacs.

we started off on magmaw we had one wipe probably not helped by magmaw chucking his head the wrong way when chained, on the second try I managed to keep control of the parasites a bit better while the rest of the team worked seemingly flawlessly at killing magmaw.

after this due to being heavy on melee we went to BoT to kill halfus we had a few wipes due to raid damage after this we worked out a order that worked best for the healers and raid and got him down quite easily. (interrupts do seem to need a bit work)

after this due to being mostly melee we went for a poke at the conclave of wind, we did seem to make good progress on getting the adds down and organisation, but due to the lag problems the majority of people where having we decided to call it near the end of the raid. at this point we went back to BoT to kill the trash between halfus and the twin drakes to see if we could get a trash epic, we got lucky and got the Agi trinket for Eviee.

loot's went to Dari, AKee, Eviee and someone I have now forgot as I didn't write it down (must remember to take notes in future lol)

all in all it was a quite productive raid we got quite a few people their first kill of magmaw and also gave people a chance to see the conclave of wind fight, if we can get a better melee to ranged ratio next week we will be trying omnitron. (as well as killing magmaw and halfus as long as the drake combo isn't insane, as we seem to have those fights down)

acathla 03-27-2011 02:08 AM

was a good raid all in all i think. I wont be able to make next week as im stuck at work till about 8:30 :( so have fun without me

Cenaria 03-27-2011 08:05 AM

Sorry about disappearing for the last ten minutes. My Internet decided to die on me and I just couldn't get back online. Glad you got a trash drop :)

Denika 03-27-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenaria (Post 85834)
Sorry about disappearing for the last ten minutes. My Internet decided to die on me and I just couldn't get back online. Glad you got a trash drop :)

we all know this is what you want us to believe!

Cenaria 03-27-2011 09:17 AM

oh dear you caught me out. I actually rage quit because of a certain priest who kept disconnecting

Akee 03-27-2011 11:15 AM

Wa a fun raid. Really enojyred getting back into the healing swing of things, and nice to know that when boosted by 2 decent healers I can do a job.

Never done magmaw like that before, it seemed very straightforward - something I didn't pick up on was what happened during mangle - did we have a melee taunt for a few seconds? If so where they in tank stance?

Cataclysmic 03-27-2011 11:28 AM

Yes Akee, we have a melee quickly taunt during mangle, and we just spam heal him iirc.

it's actually a very easy way of doing it, provided you have a good kiter. Also good practice as you have to do it like that on heroic mode

Belimawr 03-27-2011 12:12 PM

akee you don't need a tank while he is chewing on the tank, the main worry is after he has been pinned unless the tank taunts the body (it has to be the body it's can't be the head) as soon as magmaw goes back up he will pick who ever has the highest threat and probably one shot them, since when the tank get's chewed it act's as a threat drop. this is why two tanks is easier as the second tank can build agro on the chew phase ready for after the pin.

Klogaroth 03-27-2011 01:02 PM

The biggest danger with not having a tank or melee in plate taunt is that if you fail to pin him first time he will turn round and hit the DPS with the most aggro. That will likely be a caster DPS if you have some good ones about.