PC Gamer Forums

PC Gamer Forums (http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Server (http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Creative (http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17791)

level1paladin 05-08-2012 05:50 PM

Creative

Why not go full creative? There is a survival world already. You've taken all the damage from the now "creative" world, basically removing any of the challenge/fun from it. Seems rather silly to me.

razazeal 05-08-2012 06:25 PM

It's to prevent griefing. The survival world is set up so everyone (builders, mods, and admins) have an equal challenging play environment. The main world is there for building whatever you can imagine with certain safeguards set up to prevent historically common mass griefing. The only players with creative in the main world are mods and admins because they have responsibilities to assist builders in certain things. A perk of being a mod (since it is voluntary) is getting to use creative mode to build with when we aren't helping out with other things.

level1paladin 05-10-2012 02:33 AM

Isn't that what Towny is doing already?

sleepingdragon80 05-10-2012 01:23 PM

with creative its far easier to get around the world. All you gotta do is hop us and fly around. what stops a griefer from coming on, getting promoted, hopping up and finding the first piece of pixel art and leveling it? there are some beautiful things around spawn not in any kind of protection. Its a generally bad idea.

level1paladin 05-10-2012 04:00 PM

Towny permissions and worldguard? Those don't stop people? They do on other servers with creative.

Also, what's to stop them anyway? You get build, you find a piece of something unprotected, and destroy it.

I don't see any logic in positions you've laid out.

So why not just make the server shop free? As you guys say, it is a building world. There's not MC Mania anymore to just farm money and buy things. You can, but its a huge pain now.

If you want to sell things, or promote player shops, do so in the survival world.

A restructure wouldn't hurt.

razazeal 05-10-2012 05:02 PM

The survival world isn't about shops and towny and the stuff we have in the main world. It's as close to pure minecraft that we got. It's there to offer another option for people who may not like the plugins on the main world side.

The regular world has had many restructuring changes already. Mine cart Mania may have helped some ambitious players make massive money farms, but before MC Mania was in place builders were still able to gain millions in iconomy by doing work, which is actually part of the draw of the game to many players.

Towny is a fine way for players to group together and protect their houses. We reserve world guard for certain situations. So adding a member to your town shouldn't just be a rush to grab the next new guy on, get to know people, then give them permission to build and destroy in your claimed area. Your builds will be safer and you can make even better friends.

But creative mode just isn't an option we offer to builders on this server. Half the people who got it would make atrocities upon the land and sky, and grief to no tomorrow with the ability to brake blocks with no effort. The other half may build wonderful things, but at what cost? None. This would break the server as it has been most recently structured. As an example of what can be done without creative, I built the Spawn Embassy with no creative mode, no flying, no extra source of income, I found a mine, I mined it, I sold the blocks, and I bought my supplies from the server mall. It wasn't a huge pain to do it, it was really fun and fulfilling when it was done.

Jpang 05-11-2012 01:50 AM

In my opinion, Minecart Mania is for lazy people. Back in 1.8 when it was still down, like Raz said, we were still able to make millions. I was still a builder then, and I spent 2 weeks perfecting an auto farm powered by pistons, which made around 60-75K per harvest. If you put your mind at it, you can do a lot.

Her's a video of that farm: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHvXQqOzjio&feature=plcp[/url]

JTJdude 05-11-2012 03:59 AM

The thing is, some people still like to have to gather their blocks and build things the old fashioned way. If you want creative you can go to a creative server and use it there but for a lot of people that's too easy so their builds don't mean as much to them in the end.

josislo 05-11-2012 12:33 PM

Our creative server is not just a creative server, it allows people to have shops and sell items like merchants. Long ago we asked if people wanted an economy, so since people wanted something more to build a community and economy we added stuff to support that need. Just because you want an open creative world does not mean everyone else does. So until the time that the overwhelming consensus is that people want an open creative world, we will keep what we have now. I am sorry this does not meet your needs at this time.

level1paladin 05-11-2012 02:45 PM

Well that's all fine, but I was only persistent about it because there wasn't ever a straight answer on it. There were 6 different answers that eventually made a whole picture.

MC Mania is back anyway.