PC Gamer Forums

PC Gamer Forums (http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/index.php)
-   World of Warcraft Guild (EU) (http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Offical WoW Magazine scrapped (http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12567)

Varna 09-16-2011 09:27 PM

Offical WoW Magazine scrapped

Hey guys just got this email from the folks who do the offical warcraft mag.

"Dear Subscriber,

The World of Warcraft Official Magazine is ending its run, and the current issue, #5, will be the last one.

This has been a difficult decision to come to. Although both Blizzard Entertainment and Future US are very proud of the magazines that we have created together, we have each decided to focus our efforts on other areas."

Have just edited this thread as I have checked and read report on WoWInsider, the mag is defo finished for good. You can get refund or items from pet store.

Zalid 09-16-2011 10:15 PM

Shame:( It was a good read.
Just checked the email I got (same as yours Varna), the deadline of Sept 30 seems rather short to claim the refund so better get a move on I guess.

Zalid 10-04-2011 11:00 PM

Well I received the 6 store pets.
Just received an email from Blizz :
Quote:

As you may have already heard, the Official World of Warcraft Magazine has ended its run as of issue #5.

If you haven't already, you should soon be receiving a letter from Future explaining your options for a refund or premium for the remainder of your subscription. In addition, the folks here at Blizzard wanted to reach out as well and thank you directly for your support. We hope you enjoyed reading the magazine as much as we did working on it.

As a token of our gratitude and appreciation, we're presenting you with a code for a free in-game Celestial Steed mount so you can cruise the skies of Azeroth in style.

Your code is: xxxx.

Simply visit Battle.net Account Management at, url, to redeem the code and receive your new mount. Of course, if you already have the Celestial Steed, you can simply give this code to a friend instead.

Once again, thank you so much for your support and enthusiasm for World of Warcraft. The upcoming battle against Deathwing will require all the strength that the inhabitants of Azeroth can muster; the forces of the Horde and the Alliance should be proud to count you among their numbers.

Sincerely,

The World of Warcraft Team
Just redeemed it.

I am really happy with this compensation, especially as I had been toying with buying some of the stuff from the store :D

Deadard 10-05-2011 07:58 AM

I have an unwanted code for the celestial steed. If anyone wants it pm me and I'll send it to you. First pm gets it :)

jamesfry 12-26-2011 04:20 PM

Can the magazine become a 'online only' version/ more focus on community driven articles, etc?

Just seems more of a logical route, especially with many more magazine with a smaller reader audience (compared to more mainstream magazines) joining the online craze.