Anticipation is a funny thing. I was excited for Starcraft II's release, even though I'd played the beta months before it came out and hardly won any games. Tom Senior is even hotter for DOW: Retribution after playing the beta last week. He didn't expect the tanks to be quite as giant as they were. Turns out he loves giant tanks.
Tim is usually a bonafide hype-merchant, but today he seems more concerned with wailing "Life is pain" over and over. It's a bit more disconcerting than we're used to.
What game are you most hyped for in 2011? Do games normally live up to your expectations or are you in an eternal loop of excitement and disappointment? Let us know in the comments and click more for what are probably the best links you'll ever click. Man, these links are so awesome...
- Get four people on one keyboard and play Wroom . Why not?
- Buy Bulletstorm , get Shank free. Read Tim's editorial on Bulletstorm too if you missed it yesterday.
- RPS have noticed that an English version of the Dungeons Demo is now available.
- A Warcraft theme park exists.
- Gamersgate CEO says steam has peaked, digital sales are booming. Good news for everyone. .
- Bill Roper discusses why Hellgate: London failed.
- Rift open beta starts Feb 15. Tom S. is playing it right now! Lucky devil.
- Call of Juarez sequel announced, goes modern.
- Pre-order Fate of the World and get access to the beta.
The most exciting thing to happen in the UK office today? Tim got sent a WOLF! NCsoft posted it to celebrate the launch of their City of Heroes Animal Pack, launching on February 23. On closer inspection we've noticed that it's not a real wolf though. It's a toy one, leading to much sadness.
So, enjoy your evening, let us know what you're hyped about, and share your greatest gaming disappointments of all time in the comments.