Our new comments system is live! Here are a few simple community rules
Have you noticed anything different on PCGamer.com? Last week we added a new commenting system, Disqus, by popular demand. Now it's easier than ever to log in and mull over the latest happenings in PC gaming with fellow readers. We're looking forward to some entertaining discussion and being able to jump in and interact with you directly ourselves.
We'd like our comment threads to be civil and welcoming to all. As such, we have a few rules to keep in mind when commenting.
1. Don't be racist, sexist or homophobic.
2. Don't post OR link to anything pornographic, disgusting, gory (unless it's in-game), or illegal (including illegal file sharing).
3. Don't spam: no excessive posting, repeated self-promotion, or paid referral links.
People who break these rules will be banned permanently. We also have some general guidelines. We will ban people if they break these repeatedly.
- Don't be intentionally rude. We've met a lot of PC Gamer readers, and they're all lovely in real life. It's easy to sound like more of a dick than you are in a comments thread—take it easy, be nice, and you'll find that everyone's generally pretty cool.
- "Meh" is not a valid sentiment. If you don't care, don't reply.
- If you disagree with someone, say why. If you agree with someone, say why. If you like or dislike something, say why. If you can't be bothered to say why, that's fine, just move on.
- Throwing around accusations of corruption constitutes a meritless personal attack on our writers and won’t be regarded kindly. PC Gamer has been producing independent and critical reviews for twenty years, and nothing is going to change that.
All of the rules can be neatly encapsulated in our golden rule: don't be a dick.
Happy commenting! And look out for our writers appearing to say hi and join the discussion every now and then. If you'd like to meet up and play with PC Gamer readers, you can join our fantastic communities in World of Warcraft, The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, Minecraft and Planetside 2.