PC Gamer UK June issue: Civilization – Beyond Earth
Discovery... Hope... The future. That's what you'll find in the new issue of PC Gamer UK. Admittedly nothing quite as grandiose as the future of humanity. Instead, we're taking a look at the future of Firaxis, and their recently announced Alpha Centauri successor Civilization: Beyond Earth. Tom Senior journeyed into the unknown, becoming the first person outside the studio to try the sci-fi 4X strategy. You can read his hands-on report exclusively in this issue.
Also in this issue, Andy talks to David Braben about Elite: Dangerous and the return of the space sim, and Chris Schilling takes a look at the new kings of comedy gaming. That's not all. This month, we're giving away two free gifts: a New Player Pack for Warframe, and a light recon tank for War Thunder. The issue, which is in shops now, can be ordered through My Favourite Magazines. Digitally, you'll find it on the App Store, Google Play, and Zinio, and you can subscribe to get issues delivered directly to your door. Read on for a look at the subs cover, and a round-up of the features in issue 266.
This month we...
- Go hands-on with Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Talk space with David Braben
- Preview Soma, EVE Valkyrie, Hyper Light Drifter, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Concursion, Landmark and Transformers: Universe
- Talk to the developers working to make games funny again
- Review The Elder Scrolls Online, Age of Wonders 3, Goat Simulator, Dark Souls 2, Warlock 2: The Exiled, Ether One, Reaper of Souls, Deus Ex: The Fall, Betrayer, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD, Storm of Vengeance, Smite, Trials Fusion, Burial at Sea: Episode 2
- Alpha-judge NomNom Galaxy, Running With Rifles, Godus, Melody's Escape and Carmageddon: Reincarnation
- Supertest sub-£100 motherboards
- Review micro-PCs and gaming laptops
- Return to FTL for the Advanced Edition update
- Offer a defence of Mass Effect's Mako in Reinstall
- Watch gods fall in Tom's Dominions 4 diary
All that, and so much more. See you next month!