Today's other news: Black Ops 2 zombies, Project Eternity coming to GOG, and more
We don't want to bury you in posts. For one thing, it would hurt - they have really sharp edges. But also, if we posted every PC gaming announcement made in a day, the most interesting stories would be crowded out. So here's our solution: a daily list of the news we didn't post. (If you've been reading the site for a while, it should look familiar.) Grab a strip of today's HTML ticker tape below:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Zombies mode was made official in today's teaser trailer. We already knew it was happening, but now we know there's a bus, too.
- Obsidian's Project Eternity will be available DRM-free from GOG, so you can keep it forever and ever.
- Gaslamp has posted archived Clockwork Empires screens from early development of its engine.
- Same new grind: both Jet Set Radio and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD are now on Steam.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's fourth map collection will release on PC on October 10.
- Darksiders 2 The Argul's Tomb DLC has been announced, and it's coming next Wednesday.
- Relic is auctioning collecter’s items to support the Canadian Cancer Society.
- Blackspace has our attention on Kickstarter: an asteroid mining action-RTS with destructible space rocks and physics-based violence. "Geological strategy" just has a nice sound to it.
- There's a subreddit for Borderlands 2 loot. That's pretty great.
- And finally, it turns out Black Mesa was made in Black Mesa. Christopher Nolan and Xzibit approve.
That's it for today! Let us know if you like the format, and feel free to share any other PC gaming news.