Civilization V Game of the Year edition incoming
CVG bring news that a game of the year edition for Civilization V is just around the corner. It'll include all of the DLC packs that Firaxis have put out since launch, adding Polynesia, Inca, Vikings, the Mongols, Babylon and the Spanish, along with a batch of new maps and scenarios tailored to each civ. The bundle will cost $49.99 and will come out on September 27 in the US.
There aren't any details of a European release yet, but if you missed Civ V the first time around, the GOTY's a good way to grab it with most of the additional units and leaders, though last month's Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World DLC seem to be absent from the list. Read on for a summary of the bonus DLC that's included, and check out our Civilization V review to find out why we heartily recommend it.
- Sid Meier's Civilization V (standalone game);
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: The Mongols;
- Civilization Pack: Babylon;
- Cradle of Civilization Map Packs: Mesopotamia, Americas, Asia and Mediterranean;
- Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca;
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia;
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings;
- Explorer's Map Pack;
- Sid Meier's Civilization V digital soundtrack.