Dragon Age 2 gets new pre-order bonuses, pre-orders now available on Steam
A new set of pre-order bonuses have been unveiled for Dragon Age 2. If you pre-order the game before March 8th you'll get a magical blade and a shield with a lion's noggin on it. For buying the game new, you'll also get access to the Black Emporium, a secret shop buried under the city of Kirkwall. Pre-orders are also now available on Steam.
Those who bought the signature edition, which comes with the Exiled Prince DLC pack, will receive the new pre-order bonuses for free. The pre-order loot includes the following.
The Fadeshear blade
- Improves with each level-up
- additional damage vs. demons and undead
The Lion of Orlais shield
- 2 rune slots
- Adds to health
- Adds to % XP gain
The Black Emporium is unlocked by a single use code that comes with the game, so second hand buyers won't get access. It's a store that sells magic items. It's restocked as the game goes on and according to Bioware, "has some of the best equipment you'll find in the game", including:
- A loyal mabari hound that fights at your side in battle.
- The "Mirror of Transformation". Gaze into it and you can change your very appearance.
- A crafting store which sells powerful unique recipes.